Social Media/Digital Strategist
REMOTE / DIGITAL / FULL TIME
Protect Our Care is seeking a creative and experienced Social Media/Digital Strategist to join our team. This position is a key role in building our online community on various social media platforms and increasing Protect Our Care’s online influence and engagement.
Protect Our Care is the communications, organizing, rapid response, research and messaging center in the fight for health care, and we work closely with our partners across the country to ensure all Americans have affordable, quality health care. We’re fighting everyday to make health care a right, not a privilege for all Americans.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day posting and management of all the organization’s accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The person in this role works closely with other members of the communications and research teams to create compelling online content that educates, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action on our various campaigns.
- Manage Protect Our Care’s social media platforms, including creation of daily posts, maintaining content calendars, monitoring engagement, analyzing metrics, and planning and implementation of paid social media ads.
- Work collaboratively with the team to identify, adapt, and/or create content for all social media platforms in support of organizational and campaign priorities.
- Monitor comments across all Protect Our Care platforms and respond in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the creation of graphics, short videos, and other online content.
- Review and keep up with social media trends and best practices. Identify opportunities to innovate and experiment with new tools, tactics, and approaches to advance the work of the union.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the organization to integrate social media and digital strategies and tactics into broader strategic campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills and solid experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for progressive campaigns.
- Fluency in social media performance metrics, as well as deep familiarity with tools like Facebook Creator Studio, Business Manager, and Ads Manager, Twitter Media Studio, and others.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, researching and proposing solutions and proactively problem-solving when issues arise — at the same time understanding the power of working in teams and easily taking direction when necessary.
- Ability to tackle complex projects, break them down into smaller pieces, and manage towards deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other design tools is a plus.
The position is remote and salary for this position is $65,000 to $72,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. Please email your resume to [email protected] if you’re interested in this position.