Development Coordinator and Special Assistant
REMOTE / DIGITAL / FULL TIME
Protect Our Care is hiring for a new position that will provide key support to two senior executives: the Founder and Chair and the Chief Development Officer CDO). This role that is ideal for an entry level professional looking to begin a career in the nonprofit sector with a dynamic organization that is at the forefront of the fight to make health care more affordable and equitable for everyone in America. The Development Coordinator will report directly to the CDO and will also provide day-to-day administrative support for the Founder and Chair.
- In collaboration with the CDO and the Associate Director of Development, help manage a new donor database and develop expertise in the management of the cycles of a relationship with a donor.
- Conduct research on prospective individual and foundation donors.
- Assist the Development team with the management of all tasks and actions necessary to advance relationships with prospects, including designing and curating a new “proposal pipeline.”
- Collaborate with the Communications and Digital teams to implement a new social media driven strategy to raise awareness of Protect Our Care in the donor community online and through social media.
- Research and present plans for expanded direct marketing fundraising through all of Protect Our Care’s digital platforms.
- With the Associate Director and Digital Director, assist with the ongoing update of marketing content on the Protect Our Care website.
- Provide administrative support to the CDO, Founder and Chair, and other senior staff, such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes of meetings, managing digital files and documents, submitting invoices, and tracking tasks across multiple platforms such as Google Suite and Slack.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to quickly master complex subject matter.
- A passion for progressive policy advocacy.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, campaign style work environment.
The position is permanently and fully remote and the salary range is $50,000 to $55,000. There will be a preference for candidates living in the Washington, DC area but candidates from any location will be considered. This position is considered non-exempt for overtime purposes.
About Protect Our Care
Protect Our Care is dedicated to making high-quality, affordable and equitable health care a right, and not a privilege, for everyone in America. We educate the public, influence policy, support health care champions and hold politicians accountable. Our strategy combines an action-oriented mentality with a best-in-class earned media and communications program, a highly effective inside game with policy makers, and deep engagement at the state and local level. Learn about the impact of our work here. The Protect Our Care Education Fund operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plans and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Matt Farrey at [email protected].
Protect Our Care is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that
incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected].