Medicaid Expansion is Gone
Protections for Preexisting Conditions are Gone
Seniors Forced to Pay More for Prescription Drugs
Millions to Lose Health Care
Washington, DC – On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 11:00 AM ET, Protect Our Care will hold a press conference call featuring U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) and Attorney General Mark Herring (D-VA) to discuss the shocking decision by U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor to unleash “chaos” in our health system by overturning critical Affordable Care Act protections. With this decision, Republicans have done through the courts what they couldn’t do in Congress: repeal the ACA, raise costs, end protections, and take health care away from millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions.
View Protect Our Care’s statement in response to the ruling here.
U.S. Senator Chris Murphy
Attorney General Mark Herring
Leslie Dach, chair, Protect Our Care
Brad Woodhouse, executive director, Protect Our Care
Monday, December 17, 2018
11:00 AM ET
Please RSVP to [email protected] for the call-in number
If Judge O’Connor’s ruling takes effect, critical Affordable Care Act protections essentially vanish overnight, unleashing — as the Trump Administration itself admitted in his court — “chaos” in our entire health care system.
- Seventeen million more people could lose their coverage in a single year, leading to a 50 percent increase in the uninsured rate
- Protections for 130 million people with pre-existing conditions, if they buy coverage on their own, are gone
- The Medicaid expansion, currently covering 15 million people, could vanish.
- Improvements to Medicare, including reduced costs for prescription drugs, are eliminated
- No longer will kids be allowed to stay on their parents’ insurance until age 26
- The ban on annual and lifetime limits are gone
- The ban on insurance discrimination against women and people over age 50 is gone
- Limits on out-of-pocket costs are eliminated
- Small business tax credits are gone
- Marketplace tax credits for up to 9 million people are gone