Protect Our Care Details What’s at Stake in Texas Case and the Endless Republican Attack on People with Pre-Existing Conditions
Washington, D.C. – Heading into two monumental moments in health care next week — hearings on Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court, beginning September 4, and a hearing on Texas, et al. v. United States, et al in a federal district court on September 5 — Protect Our Care released a new report on the relentless GOP attack on health care and people with pre existing conditions.
“As this report shows, if you are a woman, if you’re over 50, if you’re on Medicaid, or if you have a pre-existing condition, the Republican lawsuit in Texas and the next Supreme Court justice will determine whether you will continue to have health care,” said Leslie Dach, chair of Protect Our Care. “This report shows just how much Americans have to lose if Trump and his Republican allies successfully use their power and the courts to take away people’s health care.”
Included in the report:
- What life was like for people with pre-existing conditions before the ACA
- How Texas v. United States could take us back
- How Texas v. United States fits in with the broader Republican repeal-and-sabotage agenda
- Who stands to be harmed by the lawsuit, on a state by state basis
- How the latest Republican promise to protect people is a scam
Read the report, “The Relentless Republican War on People with Pre-Existing Conditions: The Lone Star Edition,” here.