Protect Our Care Announces 13-State Tour In August
“Care Force One” Will Travel Across the Country from Las Vegas to Bangor to Atlanta, Engaging Americans In The Health Care Emergency Created By Trump’s Lawsuit
Washington, D.C. – Throughout the August Congressional recess, Protect Our Care will be running a nationwide tour highlighting the health care emergency created by the Trump and Republican lawsuit to overturn health care. Kicking off in Las Vegas, Nevada on August 5th, “Care Force One” will travel throughout the Southwest before making stops across the Midwest and concluding with stops up and down the East Coast.
Protect Our Care’s “Health Care Emergency Tour” will make stops in key 2020 battleground districts and states for press events with Members of Congress, local elected officials, health care advocates and storytellers to highlight the health care emergency created by the Trump-Republican sabotage and repeal agenda, especially their ongoing lawsuit Texas vs. United States which seeks to destroy the entire health care system. The tour will hold vulnerable Republicans like U.S. Senators Martha McSally (AZ), Cory Gardner (CO), Joni Ernst (IA), Susan Collins (ME), Thom Tillis (NC) and David Perdue (GA) accountable for failing to stop the Trump-Republican war on health care and will promote the work of dozens of newly elected House Democrats who are leading the charge to improve American health care.
“While Members of Congress go home to their districts this August recess, they’re going to have a chance to show their constituents whether they side with Trump’s lawsuit overturn to health care or stand with their constituents who are fed up with the GOP’s constant attacks on their health care,” said Protect Our Care executive director Brad Woodhouse. “Throughout this tour, Americans who depend on the health care law and are sick and tired of Trump and his GOP allies’ repeated attempts to destroy their health care will speak out about the health care emergency they’ve created, and Democratic Members of Congress will talk about how they are taking action to lower the cost of health care for families across the country and reverse the GOP’s sabotage.”
If the Trump-GOP lawsuit to overturn health care is successful:
- GONE: Protections for 130 million Americans with pre-existing conditions. The uninsured rate will increase by 65 percent.
- GONE: Medicaid expansion, which covers 17 million people.
- GONE: Nearly 12 million seniors will have to pay more for prescription drugs because the Medicare ‘donut hole’ will be reopened.
- GONE: 2.3 million adult children will no longer be able to stay on their parents’ insurance.
- GONE: Insurance companies will be able to charge women 50 percent more than men.
- GONE: Financial assistance that helps 9 million people purchase health care in the marketplace.
- GONE: Key support for rural hospitals. As Americans lose coverage, already struggling hospitals will be hit even harder as their costs increase.
- GONE: Ban on insurance companies having lifetime caps on coverage.
- GONE: Requirements that insurance companies cover prescription drugs and maternity care.
The Protect Our Care “Health Care Emergency Tour” will make stops in:
Las Vegas, NV on Monday, August 5, 2019
Phoenix, AZ on Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Tucson, AZ on Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Pueblo, CO on Thursday, August 8, 2019
Denver, CO on Friday, August 9, 2019
St. Paul, MN on Monday, August 12, 2019
Des Moines, IA on Monday, August 12, 2019
Cedar Rapids, IA on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Lansing, MI on Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Detroit, MI on Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Youngstown, OH on Thursday, August 15, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA on Thursday, August 15, 2019
Allentown, PA on Friday, August 16, 2019
Scranton, PA on Friday, August 16, 2019
Bangor, ME on Monday, August 19, 2019
Portland, ME on Monday, August 19, 2019
Manchester, NH on Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Richmond, VA on Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Raleigh, NC on Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Charlotte, NC on Thursday, August 22, 2019
Asheville, NC on Thursday, August 22, 2019
Atlanta, GA on Friday, August 23, 2019