Protect Our Care held local events praising the House passage of the Build Back Better Act and calling for the Senate to quickly pass the bill. The legislation includes historic measures to strengthen American health care, lower insurance premiums, give Medicare the power to negotiate for lower drug prices, expand affordable coverage to millions by closing the Medicaid coverage gap, expand Medicare benefits, and invest $150 billion in home care for seniors and people with disabilities. Through press events, Protect Our Care continued to convey that President Biden’s health care priorities are among the most consequential policies to Americans’ health and well-being and remain central to the popularity of the Build Back Better package.
PRESS EVENT: Senator Bob Casey (D-PA), Representative Madeleine Dean (D-PA-04), and Representative Susan Wild (D-PA-07) joined The Pennsylvania Budget & Policy Center and Protect Our Care Pennsylvania on a press call to celebrate the Build Back Better Act passage in the House and urge the U.S. Senate to act quickly to get the bill to President Biden’s desk for his signature.
- WFMZ News (Philadelphia): Wild, Casey Highlight Potential Impact of Build Back Better Act on Lehigh Valley
PRESS EVENT: U.S. Representative Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ-06) and local advocates joined Protect Our Care New Jersey to discuss the House passage of the Build Back Better Act, the most significant expansion of affordable health care since the Affordable Care Act.
- Insider NJ: Pallone Has a Build Back Better Message for the U.S. Senate
NJ 101.5: Pallone Says Build Back Better Would Help With Prescription Costs
Politico: Senate GOP to Challenge Statehouse Vaccine Mandate
- Tap Into Piscataway: Congressman Pallone: Build Back Better Act to Lower Prescription Drug Health Care Costs
- WMBC News: Pallone Health Care
PRESS EVENT: U.S. Representative Carolyn Bourdeaux (D-GA-07) and local advocates joined Protect Our Care Georgia for a press conference to share stories about their experiences with the Medicaid coverage gap and highlight how Congresswoman Boudreaux’s work to expand Medicaid and close the coverage gap through the Build Back Better Act will benefit Georgians.
- The Albany Herald: Insurance Provisions in Build Back Better Would Be ‘Game-Changer’ for Georgia
- Gwinnett Daily Post: U.S. Rep. Carolyn Bourdeaux: Build Back Better Act Will Address Insurance Coverage Gap in Georgia
- Georgia Health News: Rep. Bourdeaux Says Dems’ Bill Would Be ‘Game Changer’ for Georgia, Uninsured
- WABE (NPR Atlanta): Rep. Carolyn Bourdeaux Discusses Closing the Medicaid Gap in Build Back Better Act
- WSB-TV (ABC Atlanta): Rep. Carolyn Bourdeaux Discusses Build Back Better/Closing Medicaid Gap in Lawrenceville
PRESS EVENT: U.S. Representative Ruben Gallego (D-AZ-07) and local advocates will join Protect Our Care Arizona and Honest Arizona to discuss the House passage of the Build Back Better Act and stress the urgent need for the Senate to move quickly to pass the bill so millions of Americans can finally afford the health care they need.
- Cronkite News: The Build Back Better Bill and Prescription Drug Costs
- ABC News: Here Is How AZ Democrats Are Starting to Sell President Biden’s $1.75t Plan: Prescription Prices
- KTAZ (Telemundo Phoenix): El Congresista Por Arizona Ruben Gallego en Conjunto Con Honest Arizona, Y Protect Our Care Llevaron a Cabo Una Conferencia Donde Tocaron El Tema Del Precio de Los Medicamentos