The newest Republican talking point – from President Trump to Leaders McCarthy and McConnell to the RNC – that Democrats aren’t getting anything done on issues important to people…is a lie.
The reality is Democrats are setting a record-pace for actions to reduce health care costs, protect health care for pre-existing conditions and take on the big drug companies to curb the skyrocketing costs of prescription drugs.
- In the last four months, Democrats have passed the “Protecting Americans with Preexisting Conditions Act of 2019” and the “Strengthening Health Care and Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act,” despite near unanimous Republican opposition.
- House Democrats have joined the fight against Trump’s Texas lawsuit that would eliminate the entire Affordable Care Act. Republicans refused to join them.
- Democrats have held more than fifteen hearings on affordability and quality of care, and passed several bills to improve care and ensure protections for patients with pre-existing conditions.
And they’re just getting started.
The problem is Republicans are blocking any reforms and keep pushing a repeal and sabotage agenda which analysts say will raise premiums, raise drug costs and gut protections for people with pre-existing conditions.
- The Trump administration and Republicans have gone to court in Texas to strike down our health care laws – gutting protections for people with pre-existing conditions and raising costs on millions of Americans.
- Trump has promised to repeal health care and repeatedly attacks the late Senator John McCain for voting against his repeal agenda.
- McConnell has become the grim reaper of the U. S. Senate and refuses to vote on any of the reforms that would lower drug prices or lower health care costs.
View the full side by side comparison here