U.S. Representatives Kathy Castor (D-FL-14), Val Demings (D-FL-10), Darren Soto (D-FL-09), Charlie Crist (D-FL-13), and along with State and Local Elected Officials Headlined “Lower Costs, Better Care” Events in Four States
Washington, DC — On the third week of Protect Our Care’s 8,600-mile, 36-event, 19-state “Lower Costs, Better Care” bus tour, “Care Force One” made stops in four states to demonstrate the urgent need to lower health costs including for drugs and insurance premiums, expand coverage, and reduce racial disparities in care. During each stop, national and local elected officials, including U.S. Representatives Val Demings (D-FL-10), Darren Soto (D-FL-09), Charlie Crist (D-FL-13), and Kathy Castor (D-FL-14), headlined events alongside health care advocates and storytellers promoting the work of President Biden and their Democratic colleagues who are leading the charge to advance American health care. Next week, the tour continues in Colorado, Arizona, California, and Nevada.
CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA:
Protect Our Care was joined by Senator Richard Lindsay, Delegate Mike Pushkin, Delegate Kayla Young, patient advocate Mindy Salango, and Health Care Voter’s Executive Director Laura Packard, at the West Virginia State Capitol.
- Charleston Gazette-Mail: PHOTO: Care Force One stops in Charleston
- Parkersburg News & Sentinel: West Virginia bus tour promotes lowering prescription drug costs
- Martinsburg Journal: Bus tour promotes lowering prescription drug costs, affordable healthcare
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA:
In Moore Square, Protect Our Care held a press conference with Senator Jay Chaudhuri,
Senator Natalie Murdock, NC AFL-CIO President Mary-Be McMillan, Raleigh-Apex NAACP President Gerald Givens, and Laura Packard.
- WNCN-TV (CBS): Calls to Lower Health Care Costs
- Spectrum News (Raleigh): NC State Leaders and Advocates Call for Lower Health Care Costs
- WRAL-TV (NBC): NC Leaders and Advocates Call for Lower Health Care Costs
- North Carolina Democratic Party: Protect Our Care Bus Tour Stop in Raleigh Highlights President Biden and Democrats’ Efforts to Deliver Lower Health Care Costs
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA:
Protect Our Care was joined by Charlotte City Councilman Malcolm Graham, Action NC Executive Director Pat McCoy, DonnaMarie Woodson, Little Lobbyists Community Engagement Director Stacy Staggs, and Laura Packard for a press conference.
Protect Our Care held a press conference with State Representative Rebecca Mitchell, State Senator Sonya Halpern, Georgians for a Health Future Organizing Director Knetta Adkins and Laura Packard at IBEW Local 613 Auditorium.
Protect Our Care was joined by Savannah Mayor Van Johnson, Executive Director of Step Up Savannah Alicia Johnson, State Representative Derek Mallow, and Laura Packard for a virtual press conference.
At Orlando City Hall, Protect Our Care was joined by Congressman Darren Soto (D-FL-9th), Congresswoman Val Demings (D-FL-10th), health care advocate Jennifer Dotson, and Laura Packard for a press conference.
- The Rick Smith Show: Laura Packard on Investing in Human Infrastructure
- Florida Politics: Val Demings blasts Marco Rubio for ‘Monday morning quarterbacking’ on Afghanistan
- Central Florida News 13 (Orlando): Reps. Demings and Soto Call for Lower Health Care Costs
- WFTV Channel 27 (Orlando): Reps. Demings and Soto Call for Lower Health Care Costs
Congressman Charlie Crist (D-FL-13th), Congresswoman Kathy Castor (D-FL-14th), State Representative Dianne Hart (District 61), Dr. Vondalyn Wright, and Laura Packard joined Protect Our Care at Lykes Gaslight Park for a press conference.
For more information on the Protect Our Care “Lower Costs, Better Care” Bus Tour visit https://www.protectourcare.org/bus-tour/.